Monday, July 4, 2011

Well, That Was Dumb

Ah! The joy of stupidity!

Nothing haunts a person with chronic illness *(commonly referred to in my world as a spoonie)* like the changes in medications or doses, that make you feel like you can conquer the world!
Because then we do really stupid things.
Things that "normals" *(people without lifelong chronic or invisible illnesses)* do on a regular basis, without thinking about how some of us get things done.

Which leads to a holiday weekend. Where I think I can cook multiple briskets, ribs, beans, etc, etc, travel to my parent's house, visit with family and friends. Come home and decide that maybe I could tackle the world... I mean yard too!
Why not? I feel GOOD!
Oh, oh! Oh!
I see... I am an idiot.
Because I already know medication changes can make me feel like I am GOOD! HEALTHY! CAPABLE! Like I can live a normal life. I have, even after all this time, still found myself forced to find out the hard way if things are better...
Idiot.
But, for me, I did get a lot accomplished this weekend. For a spoonie I did a hell of a lot! Even if a "normal" would have had it all done and done in much less time.
I only finished about 1/5 of the brush cutting that I wanted to do. Carefully limiting my time in the sun, lots of water, frequent breaks and I still have wonderful things to show for it.
I have a great case of sun hives - in spite of the benadryl, jeans, boots, heavy duty sun screen and a load of prednisone.
I also have a great case of the shakes! Brought on by heat. Had plenty of water. Took plenty of breaks.
There is a reason the vampire doesn't go in to the sun! It is called hives and shakes!
Several hours of shakes now.

On the other hand, honestly, I am thrilled with all I accomplished today!
The down side is, my period of "OMG I feel GOOD" is gone... maybe I could have given it a few more days, seen if I continued to feel better. Unfortunately, the idiot in me still runs from the house screaming in glory when a medication change makes me feel good!!!

If I was smart, I would quietly pick up my cane and stroll down that road, maybe the euphoria would last longer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment