Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome To Me

Back to the world of blogs.
It has been years since I blogged. I seemed to do a lot of this, when I first got sick. Then, it didn't seem so important. Now, though, I think I've missed a lot of time, thoughts and opportunity to share what I have gone through.

So, welcome to me. I have been on a journey, a journey to become myself. Not my illness. It is so easy for those of us who live our days with a chronic, invisible illness to become what we are, not who we are.

I was reminded lately, by a comment someone made to me, that I always thought of my health problems and limitations as a blessing. It was a blessing, because I learned to love and appreciate so much, to be grateful for every day. I learned not to take for granted what 'normals' do.

I know, an explanation please?
Well, through this journey, you'll start to get that explanation.

Basics, basics, basics!
Over 10 years ago, I started my journey to find out, what exactly was wrong with me. It's far from over. It's far from glorious. It's pretty much a living disaster.
I'm not sure I would have it any other way. It made me who I am becoming.

We'll start this journey a long time ago, with bits and pieces of today and yesterday and tomorrow thrown in. I hope you're good at dancing, because that is what this is. A dance, that became my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment